We are taking a break from teaching adult obedience classes. We will start again in the fall 2015..
Did you miss going to puppy class, or need to brush upon your skills?
Our philosophy is to establish effective leadership through education, to the owner and dog.
Get the tools you need to have your dog listen to you all of the time. We will help you establish good behaviour in your dog and get rid of bad habits.
Our classes are limited to 6 dogs per class. Classes are once a week, for just over an hour, for 6 weeks.
Any student who completes this class will have the skills to achive the Canine Good Neighbour title. This title can be awarded to any working team (purebred or not) who successfully completes the test.
The information we cover in 6 weeks is:
- Attention game (eye contact game)
- Using a release word (basis of the command "Stay")
- Leash leadership (teaching your dog to walk on a loose leash)
- Territories (dog not running out front door, back gate, car door, dog free zone in house, etc.)
- Heel position – on leash and off leash
- Walking through crowds in a calm manner
- Calm greetings
- Down (taught in 2 stages, eventually off a hand signal)
- Come when you’re called
- Distraction recalls
- Obedience ‘fronts’ (dogs coming straight line to owner and sitting in front when arrived at owner)
- Dealing with distractions, teaching your dog to handle various situtations and stay with you
- A talk on dog body language and communication in order for us to have a better understanding of our dogs and how to work with them
- Household manners: Jumping up, Counter surfing, any other issues you might be having
If you are interested in registering for class or would like further information please contact Auburnmist at 403-938-6733 or by email
**A private lesson may be more suitable for dogs who have aggression problems. Please let us know if this is a concern before you sign up for a group class.
Payment is due when you register for the class. Classes are $185 + GST. If you must cancel from attending the course, we require 72 hours notice prior to the class starting in order to issue a full refund. Classes are non-refundable, non-transferable and there are no "make-up" classes if you miss a class, although we do make our best effort to get you caught up to speed if a class is missed.